If you or a family member has been bitten by a dog, seek medical attention immediately.
If you or a loved one is bitten or attacked by a dog in Colorado – you should take the following steps:
- Get immediate medical attention at a hospital, urgent care facility or a doctor’s office.
- Promptly notify your local animal control and your local police department of the dog attack and file written reports.
- Take as many photographs from many different angles as soon as possible after the dog bite.
- Contact our office to discuss your legal rights.
Common Types of Injuries from Dog Bites:
- Puncture Wounds
- Pain and Suffering
- Bone Fractures
- Nerve Damage
- Psychological damages including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress syndrome, nightmares, trouble sleeping, embarrassment and humiliation.